Why is a business blog such a great thing for your website? Whether you have a business that sells products or services, blogging is a highly effective communication medium that does many things for you.
Blogging could help you get continuous streams of traffic, could improve your SEO rankings, and it could help you develop customer relationships. There’s a reason why business blogging is an important part of our SEO strategy here. Blogs help fuel success online.
Having a business blog added to your website can:
• help you rank for a lot of different keyword phrases
• help you develop a subscriber list that can be marketed to on a continuous basis
• be a great way to do branding on an ongoing basis
• help you fuel your social marketing campaigns
• be a great sales and lead generation tool
The list of benefits goes on…
So, how can you increase your chances of success with business blogging?
Here are some tips:
1. Blog often. A business blog that hasn’t been updated for three months isn’t going to bring in regular streams of new traffic. Static sites don’t help you the way a continuously updated site will. Make sure you blog on a regular basis. If you blog consistently, this will help with SEO and with marketing to your target audience.
2. Blog well. Make sure that blog posts published provide useful and valuable information for readers. This increases the chance the reader will act on the post and perhaps share the post with others. Consider your audience when creating content for your blog. Write about things that people who may be interested in buying what you’re selling are interested in. You’ll be doing it on a regular basis so it will take effort to keep things fresh.
3. Optimise each blog post you publish. Take the time to fully optimise every post with strategic tags in all the right places and the right approach to keyword integration. Careful preparation for maximum conversion needs to be something you strive for. Optimising various aspects of each new post you create helps search engines see that your site has new content and helps maximise the chance of each blog post doing something positive for your marketing and SEO efforts.
4. Promote your blog on social media. Social bookmarking and microblogging sites can help each post you publish go even further in helping you attract new business and new social media followers.
5. Make sure you develop and execute a diverse SEO strategy. Too much concentration on one thing could prove counter-productive and should a search engine algorithm update happen, you could be left with plummeting traffic levels. If you are not an SEO specialist, get some professional assistance. There are potential pitfalls to